Sunday, August 28, 2011

How I do it: Listenin' in the kitchen

Music in the kitchen

I don't really have the luxury of using one Android smartphone or tablet all the time, but my usage cases don't really change. And one habit I've gotten into is listening to music or the radio while cooking. The kitchen's a precarious place to do that, what with all the heat, oil, water and lord knows what else flying around (never mind the knives.)

I've got my electronic footprint pretty much out of the danger zone, choosing to park my devices between the fridge and the sink. Sure, there's the real possibility of water damage. But for some reason that seems the lesser of two evils when I think about hot oil splashing onto a touchscreen.

So what do I use? Tablet, phone -- whatever's charged, really. Google Music for music, or Tune In Radio if I want local radio. For playback, I've got a Supertooth Disco speaker. Love the thing, but you'll notice I'm plugged in here. Bluetooth works OK (and if I used it more, it'd mean I can keep the tablet away from the sink), but sometimes I'm just lazy and plug the thing in. It's nice to have that choice. If you'll allow a bit of gushing over the speaker -- wow. It's not cheap -- a little more than $100 -- but for its size, it sounds great, and it pumps out 28 watts. You can also unplug it from the wall and run from the internal, rechargeable battery. Noyce.

I'm not sure if all this the food taste any better, but it sure is more fun to make.


Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/androidcentral/~3/EEKpj6J93gA/how-i-do-it-listenin-kitchen

Idt Ibasis Hypercom Hewlett Packard Co Heartland Payment Systems Google

No comments:

Post a Comment