Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jobs confirms iOS update for iPhone 3G users "soon"

Filed under: OS Updates, Apple, iPhoneSteve Jobs is answering email again, and this time he seems to have confirmed an iOS 4 update that will fix the operating system's slow-as-molasses performance on the iPhone 3G. Jobs didn't explicitly say "iOS 4.1," but it seems highly likely. He also didn't say when users of older iPhones could expect this miraculous update, just "soon."

Here's the email exchange, via MacRumors.com:


I've waited patiently through 4.0.1 and 4.0.2, looking for a fix that will make my phone work again. I've read the forums that advise me to jailbreak my phone or use some other method so I can downgrade back to a version of iPhone 3, however I'm not prepared to use a method that is not supported by Apple.




Jobs responded,


Software update coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone




And now a lot of 3G owners who wish they'd never upgraded to iOS4 are wondering "how soon is soon?" I'd guess it's probably not soon enough to keep most of them from breaking down and buying the iPhone 4.
Share Tweet
Jobs confirms iOS update for iPhone 3G users "soon" originally appeared on Download Squad on Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

ACCENTURE ACER ADOBE SYSTEMS ADVANCED SEMICONDUCTOR ENGINEERING

No comments:

Post a Comment